ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Flying Halo Banchee In video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike GarciaFlying Halo Banchee In video?
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 3:45:11 pm

I want to have a Halo Banchee fly over me in a video? How can this be done using basic compositing? There seems to be no tutorials on the internet for anything like it? I want it to look like the banchees in this video...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Flying Halo Banchee In video?
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 4:13:30 pm

What the heck is a Halo Banchee? I couln't even tell after watching that videogame-esque piece of video. Care to explain?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Flying Halo Banchee In video?
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 4:28:53 pm

He's referring to the Banshee, the alien fighter aircraft in Halo.

The basics of compositing are outlined on this page and the pages that it points to.

If I needed to create the scene that you show, I'd get a still image of a Banshee, animate its position across the screen, and turn on motion blur (and crank it way up to hide details). To have the Banshee pass behind the wall and in front of the sky, I'd duplicate the main footage layer and separate it into foreground and background pieces. I'd probably key out the blue/white of the sky to make a matte to aid in that separation.

This is a pretty basic task in After Effects, so I'm assuming that you're very new to After Effects. I recommend that you start here

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved