ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

The shaky/vibrating slow motion effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott sullivan
The shaky/vibrating slow motion effect
on Mar 25, 2010 at 1:03:40 pm

Hi,
I don't know the proper name for this, but am wanting to create this rather common shaky/vibrating slow motion effect often seen in movies and so forth.

Does anyone here know how to do this in After Effects?

thanks,

Scott

Return to posts index

Steve Blacker
Re: The shaky/vibrating slow motion effect
on Mar 25, 2010 at 11:57:18 pm

Not 100% sure I understand the effect you're talking about, but for random, jittery camera moves, you can parent the camera to a 3D null, then apply a wiggle expression to the position (and rotation, if you like) of the null. For more control, you can add a slider control to the null to adjust the amount of wiggle. There are tutorials for this sort of thing at videocopilot.net and elsewhere.

As for the slowmotion aspect, I guess you could play around with timewarp to speed up/slow down your footage.

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:39:37 am

I'm with Mr. Blacker on this; I have no idea what effect you're talking about. Perhaps a link to an example video (with a comment about at what time in the video the effect takes place) would be beneficial.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

scott sullivan
on Mar 26, 2010 at 3:40:50 am

I'll try to find some sample clip - something tells me though it is often seen in John Wu movies.

Perhaps a better descriptin is more of a slow mo "stuttering" effect.

Does that help?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 28, 2010 at 10:22:08 pm

I think you're talking about a slow shutter effect. It's achieved best by shooting with a slow shutter.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]