ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Animation Presets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Cacciola
Text Animation Presets
on Mar 25, 2010 at 12:03:17 pm

So I open Adobe After Effects CS3 in Windows 7. I import a video file, I add a new solid layer. I add basic text to the solid layer. And drag and drop an animation preset, lets say 360 loop under paths and all that shows is a picture of the path of the render and nothing actually renders, as in the text effect does not happen and in this case a picutre of a 360 loop shows up and nothing renders. What am I doing wrong. Sorry I'm a after effects newb who just switched from motion. Thanks. Ted

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Text Animation Presets
on Mar 25, 2010 at 4:17:49 pm

> I add basic text to the solid layer

You mean that you added the Basic Text effect? Don't do that. That effect is in the Obsolete category for a reason. Instead, use the Type tools to create text in a text layer. Then, you can add text animation presets to the text layer.

I recommend that you start here to learn about text animation.

I also strongly recommend that you work your way through the resources here if you're just getting started with After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]