ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text Animation Presets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted CacciolaText Animation Presets
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 12:03:17 pm

So I open Adobe After Effects CS3 in Windows 7. I import a video file, I add a new solid layer. I add basic text to the solid layer. And drag and drop an animation preset, lets say 360 loop under paths and all that shows is a picture of the path of the render and nothing actually renders, as in the text effect does not happen and in this case a picutre of a 360 loop shows up and nothing renders. What am I doing wrong. Sorry I'm a after effects newb who just switched from motion. Thanks. Ted

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Text Animation Presets
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 4:17:49 pm

> I add basic text to the solid layer

You mean that you added the Basic Text effect? Don't do that. That effect is in the Obsolete category for a reason. Instead, use the Type tools to create text in a text layer. Then, you can add text animation presets to the text layer.

I recommend that you start here to learn about text animation.

I also strongly recommend that you work your way through the resources here if you're just getting started with After Effects.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved