ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

can i use adobe after effects to make a movie look like "sin city"?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesse wengercan i use adobe after effects to make a movie look like "sin city"?
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 8:56:34 pm

can i use adobe after effects to create a movie look black & white and red? Like "sin city"? will adobe after effects do this?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: can i use adobe after effects to make a movie look like "sin city"?
by on Mar 22, 2010 at 1:37:44 am

ae's leave color effect will desaturate all colors except a selected color.

however since red is common component of skin tones, it may be a bit difficult to isolate it. you could try using a different color, like a good chroma green, then key those elements and colorize them red and composite them bock onto the desaturated footage.

note, that the tint effect can often produce a better black and white effect from color footage than just removing saturation from it.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: can i use adobe after effects to make a movie look like "sin city"?
by on Mar 22, 2010 at 5:56:08 am

I'd say that since After Effects was used on that film to do exactly that, then the answer is certainly "yes".

Here's a pair of tutorials that show some of the basics:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/swanson_grant/sin_city1.php
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/swanson_grant/sin_city2.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]