ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Big spaces in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Somogyi ZoltanBig spaces in AE
by on Mar 17, 2010 at 6:32:51 pm

Hi Guys!

First of all, I have to tell You (to the whole Cowmunity), this site is great, and really helps in my work/hobby.
I need Your help, any idea, any existing tutorial on the net I would appreciate...
For a while, I tried to make a big scene in AE, with fast movements in first person view. It needs lot of space to travel.
For exmpl in space it is the easier way to do, with black starry background and particles as stars.
But, how can I make it in the ground environment? To make the real world, would be way too much for the computer (Intel Quad Core @ 2,4GHz, GeForce 9600GT).
To be precise: The flying object flies with apprx with 300 miles per hour, and flying through cities, mountains. All is that in first person view. Lasting about 5-10 seconds, which is almost a mile long distance.
Should I quit trying in AE, and get some real 3D, like 3DS Max, or is there any trick or solution for that?
Thank You for Your time!
Have a nice day!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Big spaces in AE
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 4:14:03 pm

Distance is very subjective in AE. Everything is merely measured in pixels so scale and distance are up to you. You put a wide angle lens on your AE camera and suddenly what didn't feel like such a fast camera move is suddenly FLYING. I don't think your computer would have too much trouble handling it so long as you have a good amount of RAM.

However as you suggested, I would think an actual 3d program would probably suite such a thing better. Not because of the 3d flying or the distance, more so for the creation of the mountains, trees, buildings, etc.

Or you could do it the RIGHT WAY :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Somogyi ZoltanRe: Big spaces in AE
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 9:02:05 am

Thanks for the tip, Great Szalam, probably other 3D app. would solve the problem. (btw I have 6gb RAM, seems enough this moment)
The RIGHT WAY is respectable. Good to see the evolution. I think, I have to bring out my toy trains and it's stuff again. :)
Have a nice spring day guys!
SomiZoli (R) (the only one in cyber space :) )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved