ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

import psd file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marilyn Jimenezimport psd file
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:24:29 pm

When I import a psd file with a transparent background, AE CS4 turns the background into a white solid, which I cannot then edit.

Return to posts index

Phil LeBeauRe: import psd file
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 11:34:48 pm

Silly question but are you sure you have an alpha channel on the PSD file? I am not a PSD pro but i usually make 2 layers in my photoshop file. Bottom layer is transparent and top layer is my graphic.

Also, lets say that you have a graphic over transparent, you can save it as a PNG copy and it will be a much smaller file size.

I just imported several high resolution photos from photoshop using that same method and it worked pretty well

As long as you have the checkered background behind your object - it should be transparent in AE

Return to posts index

Marilyn JimenezRe: import psd file
by on Mar 13, 2010 at 2:29:32 pm

My file looks just like the one you posted with a checkered transparent background. When I put it in the timeline the transparent background turns into solid white.

Return to posts index

Phil LeBeauRe: import psd file
by on Mar 13, 2010 at 6:48:10 pm

Hmm I am not really sure. in After Effects do you have the "Toggle Transparency Grid" on?

Maybe give us more information on how you saved the photoshop file and how you imported it.

Return to posts index

john henryRe: import psd file
by on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:07:46 am

i save my files as a PNG when i pull it up again the back ground looks white in the thumb nail but it loads as transparent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved