ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

text question from an udder (pun) newbie

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dick Akinstext question from an udder (pun) newbie
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 5:12:46 pm

I still am in the process of trying to get AE (and especially Bridge) working on my PC, but have now and then been able to start trying out some things in spite of crashes. Generally, I will be using AE to add text to music videos. This would be lines of text at specific times which appear and disappear and then another line, etc. For this rank beginner, I would start by using the same effects on every line throughout the entire song.
So the question is how should this best be done? Add multiple text layers, each with the same entrance/exit effects, but at different times? Or use one text layer with the text changing for the different times? Other options or suggestions? How can I easily duplicate a set of keys to another time position?

Dick

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: text question from an udder (pun) newbie
by on Mar 13, 2010 at 4:48:39 pm

> Add multiple text layers, each with the same entrance/exit effects, but at different times?

Yes.

I recommend working your way through some simple examples before you jump into trying to do something complex.

BTW, be careful with the use of the word 'effects' in this context. The animations and animation presets that you tend to use on text layers aren't effects in the sense that that word is used in After Effects.

If you're just getting started, I recommend that you begin here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]