ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Point of Interest & Position Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian YoungPoint of Interest & Position Problem
by on Mar 11, 2010 at 5:41:41 pm

I'm creating what should be a very simple animation where the camera moves from one video to the next one in 3D space.

All of the other camera movements that I made work fine, but on the last movement, I just want the camera position to HOLD on one video, then slide over horizontally to the final video.

First I copy the keyframes that I want held (Point of Interest and Position), but when I paste them, I get weird ROTATION movement of the camera although the rotation properties do not change numercally! That's baffling me.

If I only copy the point of intetest keyframe in the next position, the video holds. But I need the camera to MOVE to the next video.

Next, when I simply move the camera over to the right, to the last video, the Point of Interest moves WITH the Position keyframe, causing a wonky movement that I can't control nor figure out.

This should be simple, just moving the camera in 3D space from

What am I doing wrong??!

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Point of Interest & Position Problem
by on Mar 11, 2010 at 6:12:09 pm

You want the camera to HOLD. How about using a HOLD Keyframe?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Point of Interest & Position Problem
by on Mar 11, 2010 at 6:56:00 pm

You might be experiencing the boomerang effect discussed towards the bottom of this page.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Lillian YoungRe: Point of Interest & Position Problem
by on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:50:51 pm

Perfect. The "In some cases, the Auto Bezier spatial interpolation for Position keyframes can cause undesired back-and-forth (boomerang) motion between two keyframes with equal values. In such a case, you can change the earlier keyframe to use Hold interpolation or change both keyframes to use Linear interpolation." explanation solved it.

Thank you both!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved