ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looping the end of a video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam SabourinLooping the end of a video
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:29:59 pm

I need help looping the last 3 seconds or so of this video. The last 3 seconds show the logo, slogan and a revolving slideshow. The slideshow is a pre-comp that I also want to continuously loop inside of the main video (of which I want the last 3 seconds to loop). The challenge is that I need to keep the file size as small as possible so I don't want to add a ton of frames.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Looping the end of a video
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:04:29 pm

How are you planning to display this video?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Adam SabourinRe: Looping the end of a video
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:40:58 pm

I did, it said that the video is currently in moderation.

Return to posts index

Adam SabourinRe: Looping the end of a video
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 7:34:06 pm

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Looping the end of a video
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 10:33:38 pm

I meant is this going to be a Flash video, a DVD, played off of a laptop, YouTube, etc.? Your final output.

As Adolfo Rozenfeld said in your post on the Adobe forums,
"...In After Effects, playback for the Composition is always sequential. You can loop a layer as many times as you want, but these repetitions will take place as the Comp's playback moves forward. So if you want to have a 3 second video repeating 3 times, you will need a nine second Comp and a nine second resulting video file..."

If you were playing it back on a DVD, you could make that three second clip it's own seperate video and have the stop action of your main video be that clip and have that clip's stop action be playing itself over again. If you were doing it off of a PC, you could just put multiple copies of that three-second clip in your playlist. If you were using presentation software, such as MediaShout, you could do something similar.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]