ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with saving time in CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Suchanski
Problem with saving time in CS4
on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:12:25 pm

Hi There
I've got a problem with saving project in AE CS4. It takes about 3 minutes to save the project, while the RAM Preview and Render seems to work fine. It also takes couple of minutes to save some data befor it starts the RAM Preview. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problem with saving time in CS4
on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:17:24 pm

Hmmmm.... is this a Windows XP machine, perhaps with 4GB RAM or less? You might not have AE set up properly. You owe it to yourself to read the following:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2009/12/performance-tip-dont-starve-yo.h...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Suchanski
on Mar 10, 2010 at 6:02:09 pm

I am working on
OS 10.6
Processor 3.32 GHz Quad-core
Memory 12 GB

I read the article and set my settings like in the jpg.

I experimented with multiprocessing settings with no results.

The problem stays the same: long saving time. Also when I hit cmd+0 I can see in the info panel that AE is saving the project and it takes a lot of time, and then when I start seeing the green bar it goes really quickly. I am confused why saving is taking so much time while the actual preview works quickly.

Could this be because I use a lot of vector paint in my project? The whole project is 48MB

Return to posts index

Daniel Suchanski
on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:08:15 am

I'm sorry.. I meant when I hit 0 not cmd + 0. I meant when I do a RAM Preview I first see that the project is being saved for quite a long time and then starts the RAM preview and I can see the green bar loading quickly. Is this normal? What can I do to skip the saving part when I just want to preview?

Thanks for help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 11, 2010 at 4:05:59 pm

You haven't got AE set up properly... but since I don't have enough RAM to use multiprocessing anyway, I don't mess with it. No practical experience with it.

Sometimes using fewer processors actually speeds things up:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/03/performance-tip-dont-oversched.h...

But that still doesn't explain why saving the project takes three flippin' minutes... and since we no nothing of the nature of the project, we can only speculate.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]