ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

burst like soap bubble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franzi Stodtburst like soap bubble
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 12:43:39 pm

Hi does anybody know if there is an effect in after effects, that could let burst a video like a soap bubble?

i have two little videos, and as final i would like to let these two videos like a soap bubble.

for any help deeply thankful.
greets from germany

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: burst like soap bubble
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 3:55:23 pm

Unless you're talking about slow motion, a real soap bubble basically just disappears. There will be a few little soap particles, but it really just goes POP and is gone.

However, I assume you mean you want it to blow up and disappear outwards. You could use a distort effect, such as Bulge. Coupled with Effect>Transition>Iris Wipe.
You'll need to adjust the parameters of the iris wipe to make it look round (make iris points a higher number), then feather it.

Assuming I assumed the effect you were after correctly, that should do the trick.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: burst like soap bubble
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 3:58:27 pm

In addition to Michael's advice, you may also want to look at the Foam effect:

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bill KellyRe: burst like soap bubble
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 10:32:59 pm

The Scatterize effect may also work for your situation. To make it look good, you would most likely want to introduce a blur on the scatterizing (is that really a word) layer as the scatterizing is taking place, and enable motion blur for the layer and the comp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved