ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE keeps crashing at beginning of project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dewan edwardsAE keeps crashing at beginning of project
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 1:07:01 am

HI all, I am not sure what is going on. When I open up my project it will play ok from the middle to end of the timeline. When I try to start it from the beginnning it stops responding. This is only on my main comp and not the others. I really don't know what to do. I am thinking it is a corrupt file but I cannot check because if I do anything in the beginning of the comp it crashes. I will try adding a layer and see if that will make AE render it through. I am not sure any ideas on how to check for a corrupt file or check to see what maybe the problem.

thanks

Return to posts index

dewan edwardsRe: AE keeps crashing at beginning of project
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 1:42:13 am

Ok adding an adjustment layer allowed me to place the timeline indicator at the start of the comp. I was able to move it around with the mouse. Unfortunately I was only able to ram preview 2 frames before it crashed again. Well I thats some progress.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE keeps crashing at beginning of project
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 7:15:33 am

It really helps if you say what version of After Effects and what operating system you're using. Since you didn't, I'll presume to recommend that you update to After Effects 9.0.2, which fixed several crashing problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

dewan edwardsRe: AE keeps crashing at beginning of project
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 7:19:48 am

OK planned on including that, forgot. AE CS3 on XP Pro. The thing is it just started after a month of not working on the project.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE keeps crashing at beginning of project
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 7:41:39 am

You said CS3. Is this 8.0.0? 8.0.2? If it's not the most recent update, then start by updating.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]