ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Photo Effect - how to

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dawid NawrotPhoto Effect - how to
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 11:53:51 am

Hi,

I'm wondering how to achieve the effect of showing a lady like this.

http://oneclub.pl/

Just click "Skip intro" and go to "Click to Club". There is a woman that shows up with particles. How this effect can be done? Any clues?

Thanx,
David

Return to posts index

Bob RootRe: Photo Effect - how to
by on Feb 28, 2010 at 1:43:20 pm

Hi Dawid,

You can start by trying the CC Ball effect. It's a pretty intuitive plugin, so you should see quick results.

Keep in mind that your subject matter will need an alpha channel (or a mask). This way you'll only be applying the effect to the subject and not to any background images.

Once you get the effect animated to what suits you, you can duplicate the layer, throw a glow on the upper layer and play with some of AEs blending modes to get the desired effect.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Return to posts index

Dawid NawrotRe: Photo Effect - how to
by on Feb 28, 2010 at 2:14:34 pm

Thank you Bob for the clue. Actually I went through CC Ball effect and it's pretty easy with great parameters. Besides it's 3d build in plugin so everything is awsome. The only thing that limits this efffect is the ball :) Like the name CC Ball, it means that I can't choose any custom partice except ball. Do you know any other plugin that allow to build that kind of animation with custom particle? Thanx.

David

Return to posts index

by on Feb 28, 2010 at 4:20:04 pm

You can try the Shatter plugin included in AE. There are a few more pattern shape options as well as a custom shape option as well. You can extrude the shape of your "particles" within the plugin as well.

Keyframe your viscosity from 0 to 1 at whatever point you would like your particles to freeze in space. You'll probably want to set your gravity to 0 as well.

The camera in Shatter will give you some nice 3d rotation around the shattered layer.

I don't think AE's Particle Playground or Particle World will get you great results with what you want to achieve.

Beyond that, Trapcode's Particular is probably your best option. It's not cheap, but it's well worth the price if you plan on putting it to good (and semi-frequent) use.

If you're not in a rush, I'd wait a day and see what other responses come your way. I'm sure I missed something.

Bob

Return to posts index

by on Mar 1, 2010 at 9:52:50 am

Thanx Bob, I've also heard that I can do it with trapcode form, but how to do it with trapcode particular? I can spend some money for those plugins. Can you give me some more precise directions how to do it with trapcode particular? I've investigated a shatter build in effect. That's a great solution for my animation. Anyway, I'll be grateful if you could write something more about using trapcode particular according to my task.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 1, 2010 at 11:11:49 pm

Hi Dawid,

I can only give you the basics as to how you would achieve this effect in Particular. There are too many unknown steps that will be related directly to your image, the comp it's being used in and what you're ultimately looking for in the end..

You might want to download a trial version to see how the interface works for you. It's extremely powerful, but you will need some time to learn it fully. The basics are pretty easy to learn and should get you off to a quick start.

Basically, you'll be using the layer you want to "shatter" as the actual emitter in Particular. There's a option for that in the "particle type" twirl down. Beyond that, you can use any of the preset particle types or you can create your own particle type. The options are endless.

Be sure to check out the tutorials and project examples at trapcode.com. This will give you a better idea of Particular's capabilities.

Best of luck.

Bob

Return to posts index

by on Mar 2, 2010 at 10:11:21 am

thank you Bob for your invaluable help, now I can do much more with those informations. Thanx again.

Regards,
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]