Audio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robert willson
Audio
on Feb 26, 2010 at 9:54:06 pm

Hello.
I have saved an animation in BMP image file sequence,
The intention is to convert this in Q T pro to H264 movie and then to flash flv, which means I need to save my audio files from within After efects but Im not getting there.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio
on Feb 26, 2010 at 10:02:11 pm

A BMP sequence??? Ugh, that's about as ugly as you can get! And it won't work for your purposes, either.

Instead, you should RENDER -- don't export, render using the Render Queue -- a movie using Quicktime's Animation or PNG codecs set to best quality; either is lossless. Don't forget to include the audio track -- you have to make a conscious effort to add the audio track in the Render Queue's Output Module until you can make an Output Module Template that you can easily select.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

robert willson
on Feb 26, 2010 at 10:43:30 pm

Thanks for that,I thought image sequences were better,never mind good to have them anyway.
Yes Ive rendered out an avi uncompressed with audio checked.

I wont need to make an audio back up now then but as a matter of interest where exactly is the Output Module Template located?

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 26, 2010 at 10:51:55 pm

Here, read all about it:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103a4f...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 1, 2010 at 2:15:25 pm

[Robert Wilson] "I thought image sequences were better"

They're great for many instances (not BMP sequences though, I'd choose a different one).
They're nice in that if your render fails for some reason, you don't have to rerender the whole video, just start from the last rendered frame.
However, you can't have audio in it because it is just creating a bunch of TGA pictures, not one single file.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]