ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

2d to 3d disappearing background

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben fisk
2d to 3d disappearing background
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:08:48 pm

I am rather new to adobe after effects and what I know so far I have learned from watching tutorials and online videos.
I am having a issue with a 3d object I created a 3d coin in Photoshop I wanted to make it drop and bounce on to a floor. Here is the problem any time I try to take a 2d image and insert it into the composition with the 3d coin I can not rotate the image to make it look like a floor. If I click on the 3d icon the 2d img disappears from the active camera. Unclick it and it comes back. Dose any one know what I am doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: 2d to 3d disappearing background
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:20:13 pm

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong ... the floor is probably disappearing because its position is out of the camera view and/or it is being overtaken by the other 3D layer (if it is behind it in Z space). You should just need to adjust the floor's position until it comes back into camera view ... if you're not entirely familiar with using different camera views, you could just turn on the layer handles in the comp viewer options and zoom the comp window out so that you can see where the layer is as you move it. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

ben fisk
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:30:51 pm

I feel like an idiot. I have been trying to figure that out for days.

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Feb 23, 2010 at 1:46:20 am

No need to feel that way at all ... anyone who has worked in AE long enough has at least once wasted an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out why their animation is behaving in an unexpected way only to eventually realize that it is doing exactly what they told it to do ... with the extra keyframe one frame away from the one they intended to set. Unfortunately, that's the only way you learn how to quickly diagnose issues so that you don't make the same mistakes over and over.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 23, 2010 at 4:55:01 pm

David speaks truth.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]