ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

fcp to ae

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amir Abedfcp to ae
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 12:54:29 am

How should I export a clip from final cut to use in ae? please don't recomened automatic duck. thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: fcp to ae
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 1:47:04 am

There are some suggestions near the bottom of this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Amir AbedRe: fcp to ae
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 2:54:17 am

thanks todd thats actually exactly what i needed

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: fcp to ae
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 1:50:48 am

It depends on the format of your source footage and FCP sequence, but as long as you use a lossless codec (ProRes, Uncompressed, etc.) and make everything about your AE render match your FCP project (codecs, aspect ratio, frame rate, etc.), you'll be fine and won't have to re-render in FCP. There are sometimes color and/or gamma shifts with certain codecs, but that is another topic and you can search the forum if you do encounter any of that, which you may not depending on details that you didn't provide (formats, codecs, etc.)

Return to posts index

Amir AbedRe: fcp to ae
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 2:51:28 am

Thanks for the help I was going to match the AE clips to what was in the FCP time but I think asked my question wrong what I meant is are there any codecs AE doesn't like ie FCP doesnt like avi files

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: fcp to ae
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 12:21:57 pm

AE works well with almost any standard video codec except MPG codecs ... for details on that search the forum for "Dave LaRonde stock answer codecs".

With that said, it'll be best to work with a lossless codec of your choice within a QuickTime wrapper in FCP, export that from FCP to use in AE and render with that same codec from AE. For example ProRes or Uncompressed ... whichever you choose, use the same exact codec in FCP and AE, rather than one that is just similar (i.e., all "uncompressed" codecs aren't the same).

Explaining more than that about codecs is a bit much for a simple forum post, but the subject has been discussed at length in this and the main AE forum many times so a search of past posts will yield a lot of useful details.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: fcp to ae
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 1:54:27 am

Oh, I assumed that he wanted a whole project---hence my answer. But now I see that it's just a clip. So, yeah, listen to David.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]