ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

From Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 to AAE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony GiolaFrom Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 to AAE
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 5:02:51 am

Hello everyone, I am in no way a newbie to After Effects but lately I have been getting into using Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 for some of my colour corrections (some of the Preset Packages I can make and then save are absolute godsends, if you haven't tried it yet you should) and my question is this. Recently one of my friends sent me a video link showing a person taking a project from Sony vegas and importing it straight into after effects keeping all of the keyframes and clips exactly as they were by saving from Sony vegas like this. Save As> Name of File> As Avid Legacy. He mentions that is only doable on a 32-Bit system. I am currently running an i7 64-Bit system. Under my save options there is no Option to save as that file type. Is there any possible way to get the project file into after effects without recreating the project meticulously or rendering back and forth between the two which results in horrible qualities. Thank you for any answers you may have. I have googled it and havent found any obvious answers. Thanks, Anthony Giola

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: From Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 to AAE
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 4:05:58 pm

I don't know much about Vegas, but I can give you a little more information that might help. The file format that is being used in this case is AAF. I recommend checking the Vegas documentation and seeing how/if you can export an AAF file with your version of the software.

Note that you can only import AAF into After Effects on Windows. This import feature doesn't exist on Mac OS. See "Importing AAF and OMF file (Windows only)".

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Anthony GiolaRe: From Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 to AAE
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 3:43:10 am

Hmm Thanks Todd for telling me to Check the Documentation. It mentions that I cannot export it as an AAF File unless im using a 32-bit system. and yes i am running windows (Ultimate 7 to be exact) Thank You Todd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved