ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

blacks losing density upon render out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aidan Woodblacks losing density upon render out
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 2:19:33 pm

Hi all, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'm color correcting some footage and using some feathered vignettes and other simple techniques. Nothing too fancy, but I've spent a long time getting the footage to look just the way I want it!

So my RAM preview looks great.

Problem is that when I render out and watch my footage back in quick time, the blacks look washed out and less dense, which really ruins my effect. It makes me feel like I put all that time in for nothing.

Anyway, I've looked on the site for a solution, and tinkered with my export settings here and there, but not much is helping.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions / a nudge in the right direction, if someone would post a link of two, I'm happy to do the reading and legwork : )

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: blacks losing density upon render out
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 7:27:31 pm

Not sure about watching it in quicktime, but this issues happens to me when I go from AE to Avid and don't take into consideration RGB to 601color levels.

Easy fix for this---add adjust layer over everything-set the black imput to 16(if it's still 0 to 255) and the white to 235. That will correct the difference and keep it broadcast legal.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.ckandco.net

Return to posts index

Hunter HempenRe: blacks losing density upon render out
by on Nov 6, 2010 at 11:14:22 pm

Thanks,

I have a problem similar to this, so I'm going to go ahead with what you suggested. And I assume you're adjusting the input blacks through Levels?

I'll respond back with the results,

Thanks again!

-Hunter

Return to posts index

Hunter HempenRe: blacks losing density upon render out
by on Nov 7, 2010 at 3:56:24 am

Ah!

Thanks once more!

Turned out great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved