ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukas MalichVideo effect
by on Feb 10, 2010 at 12:32:33 pm

I'm looking for a film effect for my, The effect is as follows http:/ / img39.Imageshack.Us / I / treesq.Jpg /
Here I have another example: http:/ / img29.Imageshack.Us/img29/9603/bodydz.Jpg (edges, Zigzag effect)

I wish the video object, an effect with this build so that looks realistic as possible.
Can someone please explain to me yet how this effect comes about. Maybe if the camera turns too fast? Perhaps because of the compression or? I have indeed *.To mod *.Mov converted. What format is your favorite type normally?. Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Video effect
by on Feb 10, 2010 at 3:45:54 pm

You want to emulate this look? Most people try very hard to make sure their video doesn't look like this.

If you choose the wrong settings under interpret footage, it will look like this.

If you'd like to actually do it with an effect, duplicate your footage layer, offset it in time by a frame or two (or three, or more...test it out) and apply Effect>Transition>Venetial Blinds to the top layer

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Stuart ElithRe: Video effect
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 2:27:57 am

It just looks like interlacing to me... a blown up screenshot so the fields look a lot bigger/fatter.

If that's the case, yes, you will notice it most when there is fast movement.

Read the AE help files for a lot of great info about interlacing, and you will be able to introduce it into your footage in the Interpret Footage options.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved