ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

pulsating monitor

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chandler Kauffman
pulsating monitor
on Feb 6, 2010 at 7:44:59 pm

Did a two camera shoot where my B camera was on an LCD screen the whole time shooting 25P for a European client. Neither I nor the B camera op noticed on the JVC 100's crappy screen that the monitor was pulsing, no roll bar or other interference just a slow steady dimming up and down.
The only thing that crosses the frame is the slate at the head of the scene, but the image on the screen does change. I tried using Color Stabalizer which I read about in another forum, using a dark speaker to the left of the screen as my black and then the lightest part of the screen that doesn't change as my white.
Results weren't great, all sorts of weird color spikes and the QT I output won't playback.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sony EX1
Canon 5d mark 2
FCP 6.06

Return to posts index

Laurie Turner
Re: pulsating monitor
on Feb 12, 2010 at 2:13:23 pm

you could find a frame where the monitor looks normal. make a still and mask it. Then camera track the corners of the monitor of the footage and attach the still to the tracked footage over the monitor.

Return to posts index

Chandler Kauffman
Re: pulsating monitor
on Feb 12, 2010 at 4:10:34 pm

I wound up just masking the monitor screen and applying Auto Levels which worked pretty damn well. Problem now is the Quicktime I output from AE, which is the same codec etc as the original footage, crashes FCP when I put it in the sequence and barely plays in QTPro.....

Sony EX1
Canon 5d mark 2
FCP 6.06

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]