ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Audio Issue - CS4 on Windows Platform

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandra SteeleAudio Issue - CS4 on Windows Platform
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 5:00:52 pm

This is not the same as the NO Audio previously posted. I have been unable to get audio to work in CS4 in the workspace and preview. The "Audio" pane is simply not functional. I can import audio, put it in the compositions, view the waveform on the bottom and do a FINAL Render with Audio intact. Problem is that it is hard to SYNC Text and Audio if you can't hear what you are doing. Any suggestions ?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Audio Issue - CS4 on Windows Platform
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 6:09:14 pm

Please tell us exactly what you're doing.

For example, are you using RAM preview?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Sandra SteeleRe: Audio Issue - CS4 on Windows Platform
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 1:14:44 am

I can force it to play at volume level 1 in Ram Preview but then it is audio only .. no video. I AM new to AE but have been working my way through massive amounts of tutorials all who indicate that I can use AE to sync the text with music cues. However, I conceed also to wanting to hear it while I am scrubbing the work area trying to establish the timing of things. I just happen to be working with a audio track that isn't sharp sharp peaks and valleys. I haven't managed to get any of the tutorials to work right and yes.. I'm positive it's something I'm not doing right or if it just doesn't like the audio hardware.
I've set the caches, cleared caches etc. Sorry for seeming so stupid.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audio Issue - CS4 on Windows Platform
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 10:54:48 pm

I'll bet you're new to AE. I'll bet you've probably used an editing application before. I'll bet you expect AE to work a lot like your editor: just hit the play button to play the audio, or move the timeline cursor back & forth to scub. Logical, right?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. AE is a completely different kind of application from your editor, it doesn't do the same things as your editor, it's definitely more adept at compositing and effects than your editor.... and consequently, it doesn't work like your editor.

You really do need to look at the link Todd provided about previewing, and root out the information pertaining to audio.

And if you're REALLY new to AE, you'd probably get a lot out of this, too:

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved