ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

cant select 3D camera tool when doing 3D text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joshua sandlercant select 3D camera tool when doing 3D text
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:34:07 pm

Hi everybody... I have what i hope is a question with a very simple and probably obvious answer. I am trying to do some simple animate text in 3D space and for some reason now i can't select the 3D camera tool (i'm in active camera). I was watching Aharon Rabinowitz's tutorial Per-Character 3D Text and he is creating 3D text in active camera view and has the ability to use the 3D camera tool to rotate the text. My workspace is set up exactly like his (i think) and i don't have the ability to select the 3D camera tool. Am I missing something totally obvious? If anybody has the answer i would be super appreciative as i am kind of stuck on this.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: cant select 3D camera tool when doing 3D text
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 7:11:14 pm

Have you added a camera to your scene?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

joshua sandlerRe: cant select 3D camera tool when doing 3D text
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 7:18:39 pm

Michael, I think you just solved my problem! By adding a camera layer i can now use that tool. I wasn't looking for camera movement, but just to adjust the angle you see the text from. Now with a camera layer added i can access the tool and change the camera angle. Thant a lot man!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]