ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shatter effect error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
Shatter effect error
on Feb 3, 2010 at 6:01:18 am

Hi guys.

I never had problem using AE cs4, I have almost tried using most of the plugins in some way, but last night I did Andrew Kramers planet earth tutorial, and after that, I tried to add the shatter effect, the program came up with a error message with the plugin and asked me to save before it crashed?? I tried a few times and the same problem accured.
Only with this effect, but when I e.g take the earth map and put it in a comp or any other footage I can easyli use the shatter. It chrashed after i use CC sphere on the earth map and change the wireframe mode to render? How come it can not change to render mode with a CC sphere object?
I hope this made any sence, otherwise I will try to explain more.

Regards Hamid

P.S I can easyli use BCC shatter and so on.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Shatter effect error
on Feb 3, 2010 at 6:21:58 am

Have you applied the After Effects CS4 (9.0.2) update? It fixed several crashing problems, so I want to make sure that we're not troubleshooting a problem that can just be fixed with that update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Feb 3, 2010 at 6:42:40 am

Yes I did that. And strange only this effect seems to crash it!!

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Feb 3, 2010 at 6:33:56 pm

ok I really dont understand this. If I just take the world map jpeg file and add it to the timeline and add the shatter effect to it, it works. But when I use the CC spehere effect on it, and then add shatter effect and change the view mode to render, it crashes???

Cant the shatter work on a CC spehere image or what am i missing here??

Please advice.

regards Hamid

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 3, 2010 at 6:44:26 pm

[Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy] "...If I just take the world map jpeg file and add it to the timeline and add the shatter effect to it, it works. But when I use the CC spehere effect on it, and then add shatter effect and change the view mode to render, it crashes?... what am i missing here?? "

Have you tried PRECOMPOSING the CC Sphere layer, and then applying Shatter to it?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Feb 3, 2010 at 7:01:39 pm

Hi dave.

Funny you just wrote that, as I was to to post my latest update on this issue, you wrote exactly what I was about to post.

So I precomposed my layer with the CC spehere and it worked. So, behind the layer ( precomp one ) I added a solid layer under it, which is my space layer, and it did not work if i precomped that with the CC spehere, but if i add a solid under the precomp of only the world cc spehere , IT WORKS...

Great I at last found this, I really appreciate you help Dave. Now I just have to find out how to specify the shatter effect so it wont break the hole layer but only limited to the earth.

regards Hamid

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Feb 3, 2010 at 7:26:13 pm

Yes I found out how and when to trigger the settings. Just have to play around a bit to see it.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

Hamid

Return to posts index

William Cousert
on Jun 14, 2010 at 4:41:27 pm

CS5 has the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]