ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Simpel blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-BilverdySimpel blur
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:04:33 pm

Hi

Sorry for this simpel basic question. I add a solid to my footage, made a rectangle mask in it. In this mask I want a blur effect, no matter what i do I just cant seem to get it right. The blur is for blurring out a logo on a guys t-shirt.

regards Hamid

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Simpel blur
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:09:00 pm

If your goal is to only apply the blur to part of a layer, then you can create an adjustment layer, draw the mask on the adjsutment layer, and apply the effect to the adjustment layer.

See "Adjustment layers"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Andy DykstraRe: Simpel blur
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:09:17 pm

Instead of using a solid, try using an adjustment layer. Use a mask the same way to frame the logo, and then your blur will effect the layers below it.

Andy Dykstra
http://www.ghostrender.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Simple blur
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:19:49 pm

I know a place on the internet you should visit. I think you will find it VERY helpful. It explains the use of many of the basic functions in After Effects:

http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-BilverdyRe: Simple blur
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 5:52:01 am

Thank you guys. It helped out a lot.

Dave, I love videocopilot, very usefull.

Regards Hamid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]