ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

make a photo last as long as a sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Rodriguezmake a photo last as long as a sequence?
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:21:27 am

I have a composition that's 20 seconds long and I need to add a photo to it. The problem is when I bring the photo into the timeline it's only 1 frame long. How do I stretch this photo to last the entire 20 seconds?

I figured I could simply click on the end of the clip (within the timeline) and drag but that doesn't work.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: make a photo last as long as a sequence?
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 12:38:21 pm

You should be able to drag the layer's handle to the end of the comp as you said ... if not, there may be some issue with the layer or file. Maybe you accidentally imported it as an image sequence instead of a normal file ... try replacing the image with the same file, but double check that everything in the import window is correct.

Return to posts index

Jay RodriguezRe: make a photo last as long as a sequence?
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 2:57:28 pm

Hey David,
Thanks for responding. That's exactly what the problem was, an image seq. I got it taken care of now. Thanks David!

Jay

Return to posts index

ogundipe adebowaleRe: make a photo last as long as a sequence?
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 12:39:02 am

hi
in my own oppinion, i will say you can try using timestretch by right clicking on the clip and you will find it under time then you can set the duration of the time of the comp. or u could likewise use time remapping.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: make a photo last as long as a sequence?
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 3:05:08 pm

Actually time-stretching stills is not recommended, as it can cause render anomalies. Besides the fact that it's completely unnecessary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]