ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D map travelling effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Duran3D map travelling effect
by on Jan 31, 2010 at 3:57:09 pm

For a school assignment I had to design a fantasy map, which I did in Campaign Cartographer. The map contains some names of places. Now I would like to make a movie using this map with a kind of 3D travelling effect on the map. You can see the effect I have in mind on

My map contains some names for places. I would start from a version without these names and Id like to inisert those as the camera goes thru these spots.

As Im pretty new to AE I would appreciate some guidelines or a small tutorial on how to achieve this. Also, if there is another more suitable software for this please let me know.

Thanks for helping.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3D map travelling effect
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 8:16:21 pm

I can't see your linked video because our network blocks such things, (lame, right?) however, this previous thread may help you.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Miguel DuranRe: 3D map travelling effect
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 9:15:00 pm

Thanks for your reply Michael ! too bad you cannot see the video...
The effect Im trying to achieve is rather the opposite to what is described in the thread. Imagine a weather map where the camera travels from one region to the other with turns and zooms, and as we arrive to a certain spot a text appears. So no cars, no dotted lines or paths.

Thanks for helping. Miguel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved