ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem exporting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aina LuntgrenProblem exporting
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 9:02:47 pm

I used the magma animation effect on the fractal noice effect, but it only renders 5 sec of the 30 sec clip. When i export it the animation only works the first 5 sec of the clip and then its just a still picture!

Plz help me!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Problem exporting
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 11:00:17 pm

Do you have video footage in this comp? Your problem sounds like a problem with the footage.

If you are using video footage, then you need to read this:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Problem exporting
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 7:21:31 pm

How are you rendering out your final video? From your phrasing it using the word, "export", I'm going to guess that you're not using the render queue. If you're not, you should be. The render queue gives you a lot more options and works a lot better.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved