ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Matching Aspect Ratios Do Not Match

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill JenkisMatching Aspect Ratios Do Not Match
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 12:23:49 am

I am working on an After Effects intro. In the comp settings it has the AR ratio listed as 720x480.

In Vegas Studio, the project I'm working on is also 720x480. However when I render my intro in After Effects and bring it into Vegas it does not appear to be 720x480, and has to be stretched to fit the window in Vegas.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Matching Aspect Ratios Do Not Match
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 2:39:14 pm

What are the pixel aspect ratios of your Vegas project and your AE project?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Matching Aspect Ratios Do Not Match
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:46:45 pm

[Bill Jenkis] "In the comp settings it has the AR ratio listed as 720x480... when I render my intro in After Effects and bring it into Vegas it does not appear to be 720x480, and has to be stretched to fit the window in Vegas."

720x480 is NOT an aspect ratio. It's the horizontal and vertical resolution of your footage.

Michael mentions "pixel aspect ratio" because there are two for 720x480 footage, and they create a 4x3 or a 16x9 SCREEN aspect ratio.

It sounds like you worked in a 16x9 720x480 AE comp, but Vegas is reading the rendered file as 4x3.

I don't know if it's an AE error because I don't have many specifics, but it could ALSO be that Vegas is misreading the file information, and you need to change it someplace in Vegas. Since just about everybody around here edits in Premiere, Final Cut Pro or Avid, you might have to go to the Vegas forum to find out how to do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]