ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS3 - How to place square video/image within a circle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramon MontesCS3 - How to place square video/image within a circle
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 7:07:43 pm

Hello,

I'm placing a video within an image of a tv. The TV screen is in a circle format and I cant find a way to place the video within the entire circle. The video image is in a square format. How can I make the image cover the entire black circle without being a square?

2nd question: For some reason, the images are not covering the entire screen, only partial. Why is this happening? How can I fix this issue.

Here is a screenshot: http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac329/EMVA_photo/Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: CS3 - How to place square video/image within a circle
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 7:49:24 pm

For your first question, there are several ways to make your footage fit in that shape.
One is to create a mask on the footage itself.
Another is to create a mask on the TV layer and put the footage below it.
Another solution is to create a third layer, put a mask on it, and use it as a track matte.
Three solutions, but all of them involve masking. You could also try a Luma Key to key out the black area of the screen, but the other ideas are better.

For your second question, I don't understand what you're asking.
Are your images supposed to be filling the screen? You can adjust the scale and position properties of your layers to make them fit wherever you want. You can also adjust the size of your composition. You appear to be working in a very oddly shaped comp...

You would probably benefit greatly from these tutorials.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ramon MontesRe: CS3 - How to place square video/image within a circle
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 7:15:54 pm

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]