ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Light problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Burrell
Light problems
on Jan 24, 2010 at 5:37:23 pm

I am working through a tutorial and am having an issue. I have a panoramic sky and have added two light layers. When I do this my sky is blown out. I set the material options on my sky layer to not accept light but it is still blown out. If I turn the light layers off the sky looks great. Am I missing something. I know I should be able to have the lights without them affecting my sky. I am working in AE CS4 on a Mac. Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Light problems
on Jan 25, 2010 at 5:10:42 pm

[Todd Burrell] "I have a panoramic sky and have added two light layers.... If I turn the light layers off the sky looks great.... I am working in AE CS4 on a Mac."

That's pretty much all the information we've got on this project. From what you're telling us, I say, "Forget the light layers. You don't need them."

And since the presence of lights implies 3D, I don't even know why you're working in 3D... unless there are other details of the project you've chosen not to reveal.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Burrell
on Jan 26, 2010 at 11:15:40 pm

The light layers are what I am animating in this comp. They are glowing orbs so I can't delete them. Any ideas on why I can't turn off the "accept light" in the materials settings of the panorama? The Panorama is created from a large jpeg.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 26, 2010 at 11:18:36 pm

If you're expecting these things to look like they're lighting up parts of a sky, forget it: they'll look like they're lighting up a PICTURE of the sky, which is a far different thing.....

....or is that whay you're after? Not much information to go on here........

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Burrell
on Jan 30, 2010 at 3:27:10 am

Actually, I don't want the lights to affect the sky at all which is the problem. I set the material option (I think that's what it's called,I'm going from memory) of the sky to not accept light but the sky is still blown out by the lights in the scene. Am I missing a setting to stop the sky from being affected by the lights? I appreciate your help on this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]