ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

effect follow motion tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdyeffect follow motion tracking
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 9:39:35 am

hi
If i motion track my finger or a pencil and want to have an effect to follow that track, how do i do this? Do i need 2 track points for this? E.g if i want the lightning effect to follow the tip of one of my fingers, please advice.
Regards Hamid

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: effect follow motion tracking
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 5:01:27 pm

When you track motion, you can choose a target to be affected by the motion tracking data. (See "Track or stabilize motion".) Just choose the effect control point for the Advanced Lightning effect as the Motion Target.

You can also copy and paste tracking keyframes into any spatial property.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-BilverdyRe: ffect follow motion tracking
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 6:47:55 pm

ok i did a lot of reading on the link you provided. Thanks. Do i get this correct, that the effect control points are the e.g the effects position,rotation and scale point?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: ffect follow motion tracking
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 6:55:16 pm

See "Effect control points". Here's a relevant excerpt from that page to answer your question:
"Some effects have effect control points, which determine how the effect affects the layer. For example, the Advanced Lightning effect has two effect control points—Origin and Direction—which specify where the lightning begins and in which direction it points."

If you're just getting started with After Effects, read this.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]