ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3d text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zol ganbold3d text
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 5:07:04 am

hey guys, i am trying to create a 3D Text, i could use something like Pro Animator or any other 3D apps but i want to make it happen for some reason just in AE with the traditional method wich is with bunch of duplicates and
what i want to do is apply a single texture for every duplicates of my text layer using track matte function, problem is i cant see my texture after duplicating my original text layer, i tried with stacking order and bunch of other things and nothingĀ“s helping
is there any trick or is it impossible?

Return to posts index

Matt CarlRe: 3d text
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 6:11:44 pm

I believe that a track Matte will only affect the layer directly above it. If you wanted multiple layers within this Track Matte you would have to pre comp them and then add the track Matte. Sounds to me like you are trying to keep these text layers separate though so you can offset them to make it 3D. In that case you might try making 1 pre comp with your text and track Matte inside, then in your master comp you could duplicate this layer as many times as you wanted to make your 3D by off setting each duplicate by 1 degree in Z space.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 3d text
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 6:35:17 pm

Precompose the text AND the texture. Then the texture is always with the text: it becomes a no-brainer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved