ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Create Animated Gif File with After effects, Help please

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nasa HajaCreate Animated Gif File with After effects, Help please
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 8:37:36 pm

hi guys.

I need help, I created animation(butte fly Animation) , the animation is around 5-7second, Now I want to export my animation as Gif file (image) for my website instead of video,

I tried to export the file as Gif , but the file is too big (20 mb) and the quality is very low, I went through setting I did some changing but I am not sure what is the right setting for Gif file with high quality,

I did the same animation in Photoshop, the Result is Fantastic, very high quality 400 kb, but I can do the animation better in After effect if I find out how to export it with high quality,

Could you please someone help me here about the setting , I really need help urgent,
please say something if you know something, any link of tutorials please welcome

thanks

Nasa

Look forward to hear from you

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Create Animated Gif File with After effects, Help please
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 9:06:17 pm

Export your file from AE as an image sequence and use Photoshop to create the Gif.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Nasa HajaRe: Create Animated Gif File with After effects, Help please
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 9:09:36 pm

Thanks for replay, thats good idea if the result comes out with high resolution , let me try,
if you still know something different or different way please write something,
regards

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Create Animated Gif File with After effects, Help please
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 9:54:56 pm

Similar to what Michael said, see the tip on the bottom of this page:

"Photoshop Extended offers more control for creating animated GIF movies. Create your animation in After Effects, render and export to an intermediate format (such as a QuickTime movie), open the movie in Photoshop Extended, and export to animated GIF using Save For Web & Devices."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Nasa HajaRe: Create Animated Gif File with After effects, Help please
by on Jan 21, 2010 at 5:19:57 am

thanks todd, I tried what you said, when you import video to photoshop its makes more than 500 frames(layers), when I try to export the layer as Gif file, its crashes, out of memory. I cant export all the layer as gif file, I was thinking of putting all layers in Animation layers, but I am using Adobe CS4 and the animation layer its bit different than Cs3, it looks like adobe after effects Animation timeline, so I need bit of help and research.

all what I need to do is create an animation banner for website , small size with high quality,

thanks guys, please more help, links, tutorials, Advice,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]