ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

render setting for logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
piff aronirender setting for logo
by on Jan 19, 2010 at 6:37:07 am

good day all. I have been working on a logo for my production company and I have finished it. I am going to make one for different FPS, for example, 30, 24, ect...

when I hit ADD TO RENDER QUENE, I have different types of options. For compression type should I pick APPLE PRO RES? Or maybe a more universal CODEC for compression? Also, I do want to have a 24 FPS logo, but which one do I pick, 24, or 23.98, as I have options for both....

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: render setting for logo
by on Jan 19, 2010 at 2:09:15 pm

It all depends on how you plan to use this logo. Is it only for your own use or do you have someone you're giving it to?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: render setting for logo
by on Jan 19, 2010 at 4:46:32 pm

[piff aroni] "I have been working on a logo for my production company... I am going to make one for different FPS, for example, 30, 24, ect.. For compression type should I pick APPLE PRO RES? Or maybe a more universal CODEC for compression? Also... which one do I pick, 24, or 23.98...."

With questions like this, I'll assume we're talking about a startup. I guess that's the most charitable way to put it.

If you're going to film only, 24 is okay.
Is TV involved? Do 23.976. 23.98 is just a nickname for 23.976. Other applications can add the 3:2 pulldown to get it to 29.97 if necessary.
A universal codec? Ain't nothin' more universal than Quicktime's Animation codec at best quality. Every version of quicktime on the planet reads it, it's lossless and it even supports alpha channels. It always requires a render and the file sizes can be huge, but hey: you can't exactly carry the British Museum's Rosetta Stone in your back pocket, but it DID make Egyptian hieroglyphics understandable.

And I'll have to assume that this production company works exclusively in Standard Definition NTSC, -- no PAL and no HD whatsoever -- because there's absolutely no mention made of 720x576, 1024x576, 25fps, 1080i 29.97, 1080i 50, 1080p 29.97, 1080i 24psf, 720p 50, 720p 59.94, 720pn 23.976....

Surely a professional production company wouldn't have made that bad an omission.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

piff aroniRe: render setting for logo
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 2:35:19 am

Dave, I will be going with the 24p for the cinamatic look, and also, because I understand its easier for people in europe to view it, and also to take advantage of the progressive DVD players out there.

I will mostly be recording in HD, and the downsizing when needed to SD, ect,ect.

so 23.98 is better then 24, as its better for TV?

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: render setting for logo
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 8:18:47 am

Oh goodness.

Well, it's true that the French and some enclaves of Basque prefer 24P, but i hear the Finnish are making headway in their putsch to introduce 42pi as the new standard.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: render setting for logo
by on Jan 20, 2010 at 5:02:11 pm

[piff aroni] "...so 23.98 is better then 24, as its better for TV?"

Yes. Now drum this into your head:

Editing applications and cameras may call the frame rate 23.98, but it is not true. The frame rate is actually 23.976, that's what AE calls it, and if you force AE to work at 23.98, you will have nothing but problems with your rendered AE files.

23.976. Not 23.98.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]