ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Alphebetical order

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne MaleyAlphebetical order
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:45:30 am

Having used two cf cards, I have set up a folder with the images in the time sequence that unfolded that day. When I go into bridge to rename them, I can not get them to import the way I have them set up. Any help would be appreciated.
Anne

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Alphabetical order
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 4:54:32 pm

Tell us how you renamed them to reflect the passage of time -- you must have used some system to sort them. Then we'll tell you if you did anything wrong.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anne MaleyRe: Alphabetical order
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 8:47:10 pm

I used 2 cf cards (for a wedding), and when combining them, one card would be on top, the other images would import below the 1st imported images. Trying to keep the images in the timeline of the day, I sorted them in the folder. When I opened Adobe bridge, the folder opened as it was before I had sorted them. I tryed going through the "sort" options but nothing worked so I had to organize them again in bridge. I then renamed them, but I am frustrated that the folder didn't open as to how I had the images arranged. What can I do next time?
Thank you,
Anne

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Alphabetical order
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 9:58:49 pm

AE only knows file names. It doesn't read the order in which you put them. So your file names have to contain something that will preserve that order, like wedding0001, wedding0002, etc.

File names like 0001gettingdressed, 0002groomsmen, 0003downtheaisle, and 0004vows are just as good.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]