ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Transparent background disappears throughout render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Jenkis
Transparent background disappears throughout render
on Jan 18, 2010 at 1:07:57 am

When rendering my video from the render queue, I click the arrow next to output module, and from that window I choose a channel of RGB + Alpha.

It works at the start of the clip, but the transparent background slowly fades away into a solid background.

So I am trying to output text with a transparent background. When I output it and put it in front of the background of another clip in a video editor, the background is transparent for the first few seconds but then fades into a black background.

Return to posts index

Bill Jenkis
Re: Transparent background disappears throughout render
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:08:51 pm

Ok, I was being silly here.

It was only appearing as transparent in my video editing software for a second because I was fading it in, so it would appear the problem is that it's actually not showing up as transparent at all.

Is there anything I need to do to make the background transparent besides just setting the output channel to RGB+Alpha when rendering?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 18, 2010 at 4:32:33 pm

Double-check that your background is transparent. At the bottom of the comp window is a switch that turns on the familiar Photoshop-style gray checkerboard that indicates transparency.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 19, 2010 at 2:12:03 pm

Also, make sure you've told your video editing software to read the alpha channel correctly.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bill Jenkis
on Jan 20, 2010 at 12:20:04 am

Thanks guys, it works now. I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]