ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

problems with playback

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
piff aroniproblems with playback
by on Jan 17, 2010 at 4:11:16 am

I am having problems with playback with after effects. For example, say I am loading some explosions in after effects, when I hit play I see the green bar moving across , but it takes a while for the bar to go, only it doesn't finish going to the end, instead the bar seems to act like a snake, with a beginning and end, but never fully completes going across, this is stopping me from seeing my footage in realtime after I have applied effects.

In final cut pro, all I use to do is hit the render command, and it would render. for the most part, for good, unless I did some more editing.

it plays at 03.2 FPS. This is not the way I have seen After Effects used in tutorials, and I have a quad core mac.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: problems with playback
by on Jan 17, 2010 at 11:23:40 am

Here's some reading to do:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: problems with playback
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:10:25 pm

You need to do two things:

1) Read the link in Joey's post. The whole thing. Click on the hypertext in it, too.
2) Get the notion out of your head that AE works even remotely like FCP. It doesn't! It's a compositing and effects application, not an editing application! It does totally different things. You can't play back anything, so keep your fingers off the space bar. AE has to render EVERYTHING, audio included.

When you're working in AE, you're not in Kansas any more.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved