ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Small in-video zoomwindow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martijn DamsSmall in-video zoomwindow
by on Jan 16, 2010 at 12:38:46 pm

Hi folks, I have a rather odd question.

For a project I am supposed to make a conceptual movie which explains the functionality of the installation involved. My movie consists of two pre-comps in one, which depict two different parts of the installation.
I'm trying to illustrate that if the user manipulates the first part, the other reacts to it.
Due to the size of both parts of the installation, I had the idea of making a small zoomed-in-video window that follows the user's interaction.
Is it possible to do that in-programme, or do I have to make a render of the movie first and then import it in the same comp?

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Small in-video zoomwindow
by on Jan 16, 2010 at 6:49:29 pm

Admittedly I don't quite understand your question, but AE does not do interactivity, if that's what you're asking. You need Flash or something else.

Return to posts index

Martijn DamsRe: Small in-video zoomwindow
by on Jan 16, 2010 at 7:01:53 pm

I guess your right. Perhaps I got a bit overzealous when using expressions and figured there's an expression for my issue.

In the meantime I solved this with rendering the video, then adjusting it in a seperate AE project, edited to follow the mousecursor in and 'zoomed in' kind of way and then import it in the initial composition.

Sorry for the confusion though, and personally I wouldn't put this in AE Basics, but oh well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved