ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Timeline's Layer bar question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike PrindleTimeline's Layer bar question
by on Jan 16, 2010 at 3:35:55 am

For any particular layer in timeline, I noticed there is a dark layer bar superimposed over a lighter colored bar. Shorten the dark bar and the lighter one is exposed. I assume the lighter bar denotes the defined comp length, while other denotes the functional length, as it can be shortened. Is this correct?

Is there any other purpose or significance to the lighter colored bar?

Thanks, Mike

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Timeline's Layer bar question
by on Jan 16, 2010 at 5:40:40 am

See the illustration here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Mike PrindleRe: Timeline's Layer bar question
by on Jan 16, 2010 at 6:20:39 am

Thanks Todd. That answered my question. And I greatly appreciate the Help PDF. But sometimes I don't get the search argument accurate enough to find the answer in "Help" -- but when do, it is always explained very well. But searching for it is sometimes the challenge.
Mike

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Timeline's Layer bar question
by on Jan 16, 2010 at 7:34:34 am

> But searching for it is sometimes the challenge.

That's one of the reasons that I answer questions here: to help people who don't know the right search terms and to learn what it is that people are actually searching for.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]