ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

tweaking lens flare

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike stern
tweaking lens flare
on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:38:04 pm

Hey, i want to use the basic lens flare effect in AE, but i want to tweak it abit - i want to change its color and make it glow much stronger. The fields coming with the effect doesnt have these kind of options. How do i do it?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: tweaking lens flare
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:09:30 pm

There is a brightness effect on the lens flare, but you're right; there's no place to change the color.

Now, my following suggestions only work if your lens flare is on its own layer. So, if you haven't already, create a comp-sized black solid, set its layer transfer mode to screen and apply the lens flare to the solid.

Apply Effect>Color Correction>Curves or Effect>Color Correction>Levels and change the channel drop down to something other than RGB and toy with them. Mixing that up will give you different colors. And working under RGB you can also adjust the brightness.

You can pretty much apply whatever other effect you want to. Perhaps Effect>Stylize>Glow

Honestly, play around.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: tweaking lens flare
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:45:07 pm

Also, I should have mentioned Hue/Saturation as a good option too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]