ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Newbie

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith HendersonAfter Effects Newbie
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:14:36 am

I am green with AE and looking for a workflow. What do you guys do import the entire show and finish it in AE? OR render just the portion that uses AE, import that into ae then export back into NLE. How should I be doing this? Is there a stitching workflow that works?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects Newbie
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:05:30 pm

It depends on what you're doing. I did a weekly music and entertainment show that, barring the music videos we played and two other segments, was on a chromakey set. I edited it in Premiere then just imported the Premiere sequence into AE so I could key it, place the set (which, btw, was created entirely in AE) and do the color correction.

However, for a project I just did for the military, I created titles, graphics and lower thirds in AE, rendered them and imported them into Premiere. I used Premiere for the color correction.

It really depends on what you're doing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marius HesleskaugRe: After Effects Newbie
by on Jan 18, 2010 at 4:49:44 pm

I'm also a bit confused by this. I'm using Adobe Premiere CS4 and After effects CS4.

I do all my editing in premiere. Do I have to export them to a lossless format for then import them in After Effects? Or is it a good way to switch between them?

If you want to do some cool effects with sound, do you import the entire sequence with the music or should I add the music in after effects?

(PS: I do small projects. Max 10mins long)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved