ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

motion tracking?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdymotion tracking?
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 9:31:36 pm

I made a short clip, where I stand in front of a wall and shoot with my gun and make a couple of holes using Andrew Kramers action essentiel. In this clip, after I shoot the wall and make the holes, I move the camera to the left, and the holes offcours moves along with the camera, so my question is, how do I make the holes stick to the wall? Is it motion tracking? And if so, if I make like 5 holes on the wall, do I have to motion track them seperately or can I do one for them all?

Regards H

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: motion tracking?
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 9:51:34 pm

Does Andrew Kramer not have a tutorial or two on his web site about motion tracking? Have you checked the AE tutorials here on the COW for them as well?

It's also best if you consider these things BEFORE you commit to doing them:

Dave's Stock Answer #2:

When you're out on a shoot, and you say, "we'll fix this in post" without knowing PRECISELY HOW you're going to fix it in post, don't shoot it! You'll only end up shooting it over again.

Since post typically costs three times the cost of production, fixing something in post is not a way to save money, but rather a way to spend more of it.

And, before you say "well fix it in post," always consider who's doing the work, especially if you're the one doing the editing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved