ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

lower 3rd animation from after effects to fcp?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stewart charleslower 3rd animation from after effects to fcp?
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 2:39:02 pm

Im using fcp for editing. Ive seen a pos cast where Richard Harrington makes a lower 3rd title in photoshop which can be exported and used in fcp.

Is there a way of doing this using video in after effects and exporting it so that the lower 3rd animation can be used in fcp?

Ive got an animated cog that I want to use as part of the name strap Id like to bring this in to fcp and add the name of the person. Is this possible? Or do I need to export the clip and do it all in after effects?

Thanks for any help

http://www.thin-kingmedia.co.uk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: lower 3rd animation from after effects to fcp?
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 4:20:58 pm

[stewart charles] "ve got an animated cog that I want to use as part of the name strap Id like to bring this in to fcp and add the name of the person. Is this possible? Or do I need to export the clip and do it all in after effects? "

I wouldn't do that -- you'd spend a lot or needless time rendering in AE. Once you have the animated lower-third backgound built in AE, RENDER (don't export! Learn to use the AE Render Queue!) a QT movie in either the PNG or Animation Codecs. I recommend Animation since it's a lower third. Render with an Alpha Channel, Millions of Colors plus, and Straight (i.e. not premultiplied).

If the above sounds confusing, there is plenty of information in AE Help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

stewart charlesRe: lower 3rd animation from after effects to fcp?
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 6:51:54 am

I think thats it I was using the wrong codec! Id been using proress 422!
I did no and about and use the render que!

thank you again for your help

http://www.thin-kingmedia.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]