ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Stealing Objects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mickey NationStealing Objects
by on Jan 9, 2010 at 8:42:24 pm

I'm using AE CS3 on a Mac.

I'm trying to figure out how to steal an object out of a motion video and put it into a different one. The camera in the original video moves and I've found the frame I want to steal the object out of and I've masked it. I want it to stay in that position when I apply it to the new video which is a static shot. I can't seem to figure out how to get this still image into my new motion video.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Stealing Objects
by on Jan 9, 2010 at 11:35:00 pm

Assuming I understand your issue Time Remapping is what you're looking for.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Stealing Objects
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 11:13:23 am

I think he just wants to turn the masked layer into a still and composite it on top of the other footage.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Stealing Objects
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 4:14:50 pm

As you wrote just a few days ago, you're brand-new to AE. You should know that this is NOT the kind of application where you just pick up a couple of tricks to use in your next video. You have to know the basics, and you DON'T.

But don't fear: here's a good, free introduction to AE, and it can help a lot:

If you want even more, there are tutorials here on the COW, on the Adobe web site... lots of places. If you want a more structured, topic-by-topic approach, I recommend the AE training from Total Training -- google 'em.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved