ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Low quality of renders while it shouldnt

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emre SoyakLow quality of renders while it shouldnt
by on Jan 7, 2010 at 4:55:15 pm

Okey , ill go straight to the point.

I drew some illustrations - rendered the layer by layer on photoshop based on their suppose distances. Afterwards i pulled this layers to After effects (all of them are png with transparents) and placed them z axis.

Later on i created a camera and started to go back and fort to give some 3d layer effect.

My problem is : for some unknown reason - when i render this video these layers (from 12th second onwards the hills) appear as if they were rendered on quater resolution.
Here is the outcome.

While all these layers are 4000 to 4000 high resolution (and with out any resolution problem) they render if they were 300 px web images thats enlarged or something. Ive changed every suppose rendering option there is to overcome this
On FULL preview option - they appear properly and clean cut.After rendering it , they look like below.

Here you can see the full res and quater res versions.

So you would say why not render it on full qualtiy.
Well thats the part im having problem. Im making it as max as it appears. I Full or BEst every option i find , i even render without compression but all i get is like the video above. I was rendering with opengl but lateron find that lowers the quality even more

Do you have any suggestions on what i can do? Or is there any render method you can mention so i can try to over come this problem?
thank you!

Im using
AE cs4 - Win Xp sp3
2gb ram
Quadro Fx 580 - 500 gddr3
intel core2duo t4400

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Low quality of renders while it shouldnt
by on Jan 7, 2010 at 7:47:31 pm

What are you viewing the rendered images with? Quicktime player? Have you tried pulling the footage back into AE, and viewing it there?
What resolution are you rendering to, and with what codec?
If you have Quicktime 7 or earlier, and you render to NTSC/DV, you have to go into the video properties and set it to High Quality to view it that way.
If you render out using the Animation codec, it should look fine.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Low quality of renders while it shouldnt
by on Jan 7, 2010 at 10:04:48 pm

First thing: turn off Open GL for rendering if it's on. It's the cause of many problems.

Second, you have almost no RAM, most certainly not enough to use with multiprocessing. That could be part of the problem. AE is a RAM hog, and you're using a good 1 GB just for the operating system. Try reading this all the way through, and see if it applies.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved