ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I can't 'handle' it!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Weaver
I can't 'handle' it!!
on Jan 6, 2010 at 1:45:22 pm

Hi,

I'm animating a camera by parenting it to a null object. The idea is I want to do some sweeping moves around a comp to different areas of interest. The problem is that after the first camera move, the subsequent motion paths are all straight lines and I cannot seem to get the handles up so I can pull some curves into the paths.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: I can't 'handle' it!!
on Jan 6, 2010 at 3:10:28 pm

Check Tutorials 82 and 83 at VideoCoPilot

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/all/

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.ckandco.net

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on Jan 6, 2010 at 3:29:01 pm

When you say "I cannot seem to get the handles up" its unclear whether you mean you can't get keyframes with bezier type handles or you just can't see the handles in the comp window to move them.

In the first case, right click on the keyframes to change them from liner to whichever type you want (bezier, auto-bezier, roaming, etc.).

In the second case, click the view option button in the top right corner of your comp window and check the option that says something like show keyframe paths.

Return to posts index

Neil Weaver
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:30:54 pm

Thanks very much Dave - the first fix fixed it. Not sure why after giving giving you a motion path with bezier handles, the subsequent paths are linear but there you go!

Cheers.

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Jan 6, 2010 at 10:57:35 pm

Glad to help, Neil.

Neil Weaver "after giving you a motion path with bezier handles, the subsequent paths are linear"

I don't recall whether it specifically addresses that scenario, but there's a check box in the preferences called something like "default spacial paths to linear" ... unchecking that box might solve that for you. At the same time, I think I leave it checked most of the time since getting non-linear keyframe paths unexpectedly throws me off sometimes ... if you've ever seen the many posts on here about why a layer's values are changing between two keyframes with identical values, if I recall correctly, non-linear keyframes are the culprit when the person wanted and was expecting linear keyframes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]