ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering to a data watchable on DVD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike stern
Rendering to a data watchable on DVD
on Dec 20, 2009 at 2:43:05 pm

Hey,
I'm trying to render a video i made in AE so it could be watched in a regular dvd as a data file (Im planning to burn the video as data on a CD or uploading it onto a disk on key which will connect to the DVD).

So far i tried rendering my video as a quicktime movie with a photo-JPEG compression and than converting it to an AVI using another program ("Allok") - other videos converted to avi through this program work on my DVD, but not the stuff i made in AE.
I also tried rendering the video as "Video for windows" using divx compression but it also doesnt work..

What do i do?

Thanks ahead.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: ndering to a data watchable on DVD
on Dec 20, 2009 at 5:45:52 pm

When you saycit "doesn't work" what do you mean? Will it not burn? Will it not play back? Does it play back choppy?
Also, why are you not creating an avi out of AE? It can make them. I wouldn't make a WMV with AE, but .mov and .avi are the two things I do output with it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mike stern
on Dec 20, 2009 at 6:25:33 pm

When im saying "doesn't work" i mean that it plays back only the audio, and even that is choppy.

I tried making an AVI through AE (used Divx codec and Xvid mpeg codec) - it still doesn't work..
Could it have something to do with my settings such as fps or resolution?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 20, 2009 at 10:27:29 pm

It probably has to do with the bitrate. A lossless file has much too high a data rate for a normal hard drive to play back at the correct speed.

You don't want to use AE for your final delivery of the product. It's not exactly built to do high quality encoding.
You want to put out a lossless file and use a different program (Adobe Media Encoder, for example) to do your final file creation.
In that program make sure you use proper settings for final delivery. There are tons of different options for this, depending on your final audience and how they're going to play it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]