ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What's the final word on After Effects CS3 and Snow Leopard?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Reichman
What's the final word on After Effects CS3 and Snow Leopard?
on Dec 19, 2009 at 2:39:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm a student with an academic license (non-upgradable) of After Effects CS3. I have a Mac Pro running Leopard and all is well.

However, I'd like to upgrade to Snow Leopard (mainly so that I can run Windows 7 in Boot Camp with supported drivers).

I've found sometimes conflicting information about AE CS3 on Snow Leopard. One Adobe support doc implied that AE CS3 can't use multiprocessing in Snow Leopard, which seems like a large issue.

Various people online have reported that they're on Snow Leopard without any issues, though. And then there's the possibly unreliable "Snow Checker" app, which is based on a wiki and gives a big red warning message about AE CS3.

In short: what are the issues? Will multiprocessing work? Can I upgrade to Snow Leopard safely?

Thanks!
Ben

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: What's the final word on After Effects CS3 and Snow Leopard?
on Dec 19, 2009 at 4:13:15 pm

No and No

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Benjamin Reichman
on Dec 19, 2009 at 4:40:49 pm

Good to know--thanks! I'll stick with Leopard, and find some other way of running Win7.

This is off-topic, but I really enjoyed your "Final Cut Help" podcasts. Is there any chance you might continue them? The latest I could find was from last April.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 20, 2009 at 3:40:57 am

That's up to the Cow... but we hope to get some more in the works soon.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Mark Lee
on Jan 5, 2010 at 1:44:39 pm

I'm having problems - RAM previews seem to get stuck and are really slow. also having problems importing some footage. for example i tried importing some evolution flourishes and i just get the spinning wheel. I've had to move the folder on to my desktop where it seems to be able to open them OK. I'm still stuck with RAM previews that are really slowing me up. I've spent all morning looking into ways to roll back to Leopard. Ideas people? (and no, i foolishly didn't do a time machine backup).

I'm running an iMac, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of memory...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]