ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Disabling a hierarchy for one frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer CulicchiaDisabling a hierarchy for one frame
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 4:08:22 pm

I have a rabbit set up in a hierarchy & pretty much everything is attached directly to the torso. In one frame I'd like to flip the torso 180 degrees to snap my line of action when he hops. The problem I'm having is bc everything is attached to the torso, when I try to rotate it the whole rabbit rotates. I just want to snap the torso in the opposite direction for that one key frame. Is there any way to disable the hierarchy for the torso for the one frame while keeping the arms, legs, head, etc. in the same position?
thanks, jennifer

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Disabling a hierarchy for one frame
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 5:08:27 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish, but I think if you duplicate the torso layer, flip the duplicate and make the original layer transparent for that one frame it'll do what you're asking.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jennifer CulicchiaRe: Disabling a hierarchy for one frame
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 8:30:27 pm

that it did, thanks so much! still new to the program so i'm always assuming things are way more complicated than i'm aware. much appreciation!
jennifer

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Disabling a hierarchy for one frame
by on Dec 18, 2009 at 4:55:53 am

No problem; thanks for letting us know we solved it for you. A lot of people get advice and just run away; we appreciate knowing it worked. You can mark my post as a solution to your answer, it tags it with a green mark so people know your question's been resolved. It's a very underused feature of these forums; I, personally, would like them to be more frequently utilized.
Anyway, glad we could help.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]