ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Stuttering animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny PolandStuttering animation
by on Dec 9, 2009 at 9:10:26 pm

Can anyone help me? I am very new to after effects and am trying to use it for a uni project.
I have created an animated diagram, using several .png line drawings from pshop these are overlaid on a google map. My animation uses masks to reveal the lines in a snake like fashion while also zooming in on the map. During playback it is roughly there but a bit stuttery however when i render it. it is so slow it views like a series of photographs rather than a smooth animation, missing sections out it seems to only show around one in every 10 frames. I do not know how to rectify this?
I have looked at judder on the msg boards but that doesnt seem to be the same thing?
My comp settings are:
square pix
24 fps
any help would be hugely appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Stuttering animation
by on Dec 9, 2009 at 10:47:29 pm

[Jonny Poland] "My comp settings are:
3745x 2809
square pix
24 fps "

Geez, are you animating a billboard or something? That's huge. Not to mention that it's a weird size, to boot. Oh, well.

But don't worry, things are probably fine. It's just that your hard drive can't keep up with the high bitrate of a high-quality file... which is what you SHOULD be making in AE.

To reassure yourself that things are fine, bring that high-quality file rendered in AE into some sort of compression application: Adobe Media Encoder, Apple Compressor, Sorenson video, whatever. Make an H.264 or mp4 file. Play that and see how it looks.

Oh, and read this, too:

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved